Knapp Creek Fire Department’s
6th Annual Predator Hunt
Last year’s hunt was a great success. Here are the details for this year’s hunt:
January 26 -28, 2018
- Registration for hunt will be at the Knapp Creek Fire Hall from 1 PM until 9 PM, Friday.
- Hunters may register as:
- One Person Team – $20/Team
- Two Person Team – $30/Team
- Mentor/Youth Team – $30/Team + $5/additional youth
- NEW FOR 2018: DOG RUNNING TEAMS ARE NOT PERMITTED
- Alpha Coyote – $5 additional per team (optional) – Team with heaviest coyote wins 100% of Alpha Coyote pot
- Alpha Fox – $5 additional per team (optional) – Team with heaviest fox wins 100% of Alpha Fox pot
- All hunters must be registered by 9 PM Friday to participate in hunt.
- Official hunting hours are 9:01 PM Friday to 3PM Sunday.
- Weigh-in station at the Knapp Creek Fire Department will be open:
- Saturday 9am-12pm and 5pm-8pm
- Sunday 1pm-3pm
- All coyotes and fox must be harvested and weighed in during official hunt hours.
- Any fox or coyote turned in must be accompanied by a valid NY or PA hunting license.
- Point system:
- Coyote – 10 points
- Red Fox – 5 points
- Gray Fox – 5 points
- In case of a tie, winner will be decided by total weight.
- Coyotes and fox may be entered from either PA or NY.
- No limit on number of predators that may be turned in by each team.
- No roadkill, trapped or freezer frozen animals will be accepted.
- Prizes will be awarded to the 3 teams with the highest point totals. $400, $200 & $100.
- All participants must possess valid hunting license for area to be hunted (NY or PA).
- Any violation of competition rules or law will result in automatic disqualification.
- No refunds will be made
Prizes will be awarded after the 3:00 PM final weigh-in on Sunday.
Hunters and family members attending will automatically be entered for a chance to win door prizes.
Raffles, Food and Beverages will be available for purchase at this time.
Knapp Creek Fire Dept Contact:
253 Route 16 South
Knapp Creek, NY 14760
6 miles South of Olean on Rock City Hill
For state regulations, Check the following: